Hello, I’m Johnny Spandrell. I live in Australia. My birth story is Death to the Daleks.
I started this blog in 2014, I was thinking about viewing the complete run of Doctor Who in story order. But I’d done that twice already. I couldn’t face it again.
So instead, I decided to view each story, but in random order. This is, I think, how most of us view Doctor Who anyway; not in sequence, but in no particular sequence.
I’m posting about each story here. I mean, jeez, if I’m going to watch it all again, I might as well have something to show for it at the end.
Some rules (which occasionally get broken):
- The stories are selected randomly, from a list of stories already in random order. So twice the randomness. Thank you Excel. Once blogged the story gets removed from the list. View the full list of stories here.
- I try to say something new and interesting about each story.
- These aren’t reviews. I’m not saying what’s good and what’s bad. You can make up your own minds and probably already have.
- I try to avoid accepted fan judgement on a story. Blink isn’t necessarily good, Timelash isn’t necessarily bad. I’m approaching each piece anew.
- I also, just for the hell of it, try to identify a link between each story, so there’s a line – no matter how tenuous (and sometimes it’s really tenuous) – through Doctor Who, even in random.
Hope you enjoy it.
Contact me via Twitter @johnnyspandrell